Tuesday, 24 November 2015






Animated Reality Project. Below is the link to the completed project which was a collaboration working with the film and t.v department.  Initially when story-boarding a script for the area I had thought that it would be easy to get lots of material to use when visiting these building to the amount of people living there, however this proved not to be the case, in fact it turned out to be the opposite.

There seemed to be a reluctance to talk to anybody in the area and it for a busy built up area it seemed almost desolate of people, even though we went at different times during the day and night.

This ended being the main focus of the story as it seemed like a deserted old western style town and felt much like it in atmosphere I would reference such material as Sergio Leone's "Once upon a time in the West" and it also reminded me of the video released in the 1980's "Ghost Town" by the Specials.

The overall look was meant to feel still and eerie and also quite flat with a sense of emptyness.  I found that during this project I developed my skills within Premier Pro, Audition and After effects to a moderate level, enough to enable to put together a cohesive short animation, this also allowed my opportunities to edit and create multiple versions to compare the overall look and feel to end up with the finished version below.


https://youtu.be/KBOyjUoDCAw

No comments:

Post a Comment