Friday, 22 January 2016



World in a Room

 The concept was a simple one that Norman (The 3D Character) is getting a thrill from the noises next door, however he is unaware that that Bob (The armature) in the other room is actual having a heart attack.

I found in practice this project a great project to work on, however in practical terms it was not so easy, although I have developed numerous skills whilst working on the project.  I felt that I had to compromise my vision to some degree to 'make life a bit easier' for myself when working with the 3D character.

I have shown some of the development work previously whilst working in Maya in the form of screenshot and did at some points feel confident working with the application, however when things went wrong I felt it was not always easy to resolve and that I found that I was changing my storyboard to suit the application instead of using the tools to enhance my ideas.

When it came to the stop motion part of things I felt that I had fun, it was very useful to have a fully developed storyboard to work on when it came to taking the images.  Initially I was keen to take the film into after effects to look at lighting (for a t.v screen), however I did not have enough time at the end of the project to do this and will look to spend some time developing my skills in this.

I felt that finding audio for this sensitive subject a difficult one to approach, even with my piers as it is quite a sensitive subject matter and where I would have normally approach others to record their voices, I felt unable to do this and was left with my own audio and could not get a range of different voices.  This led me to think about how to manipulate voices to sound like other people.

Overall I enjoyed this project but do not feel it reflects my best work, but as a tool for development it has helped me tremendously.




No comments:

Post a Comment